spacerreturn to the home pagespacer

Populace

Publications

Kingdom Links

Neighboring Groups

Search the Site


powered by google

Minutes for 10/3/18 meeting

A meeting of the financial committee was held after the October 3, 2018 Officers’ meeting at American Legion Post 256 Richard Gilbert, 4301 W Pawnee Wichita, KS. Committee members present: Marie Mills/ Ly. Caitlin Marie de Moretaine; Jennifer Langley/ HE Sung Sai-êrh, Damien Woodworth/HE Uldin de Vatavia Jayme Jones/ Ly. Margaret Mackenzie; and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie. Also attending were Kristina (Griffith) Bumgardner/ Mistress Genèvieve de Chambéry; Larry Bumgardner/HL Lawrence Taillefer the Leech and Nate Grunden


The final drafts of the Vatavian revised Financial Policy and Appendices, and the draft of the gate policy were presented. Both were approved with reservations being expressed by the Seneschal/ CEO as to the legality of Appendix Section VII A. 2-4 and B. 2-4. on Complimentary Passes.

There was renewed discussion about the procedure, cost, timing, and reasoning for requiring Pay Pal for pre-registration for events. Taking credit cards at gate was also covered. The impact of this new policy, new gate forms, and the physical separation of site monies from food (feast/ tavern) monies on the gate physical set up and staffing requirement changes was also discussed.

The approved Financial Policy and Revisions, i.e. creation of Appendices were signed by those committee members present. Signature of the Property Manager will be obtained as soon as possible. The Policy and Appendices will be forwarded to Kingdom for review and approval with a copy of the meeting minutes.


There being no other business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day Recording secretary


Minutes for 9/23/18 meeting

September 23, 2018 a meeting of the financial committee was held during the fighter practice at O.J. Watson Park, 3022 S. McLean, Wichita, KS 67217. Committee members present: Marie Mills/ Ly. Caitlin Marie de Moretaine; Jayme Jones/ Ly. Margaret Mackenzie; and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie. Also attending were Kristina (Griffith) Bumgardner/ Mistress Genèvieve de Chambéry and Larry Bumgardner/HL Lawrence Taillefer the Leech.


The committee worked on the final wording on the meeting and the banking account requirements, on the policy regarding complimentary passes and wrote the appendices to the financial policy. Recommendations were made on wording changes to enable non-committee members to be familiar with the local financial policies and the related procedures.

The final draft will be reviewed by the financial committee September 26, 2018 at the arts and sciences gathering. Copies will be sent to all committee members prior to the meeting.


There being no other business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day committee recording secretary.


Minutes for 9/19/18 meeting

September 19, 2018 a meeting of the financial committee was held during the monthly populace meeting at American Legion Post 256 Richard Gilbert, 4301 W Pawnee Wichita, KS. Committee members present: Marie Mills/ Ly. Caitlin Marie de Moretaine; Jayme Jones/ Ly. Margaret Mackenzie; and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie. Also attending were Kristina (Griffith) Bumgardner/ Mistress Genèvieve de Chambéry; Larry Bumgardner/HL Lawrence Taillefer the Leech and Nate Grunden.


The first draft of the updated financial policy was reviewed and wording refined for clarity and non-ambiguity. It was decided to add appendices to provide flexibility and to establish local policies and procedures related to or affected by the financial policy. These appendices can be revised to reflect changes without requiring rewriting the financial policy. The analogy given was the Amendments to the US Constitution.

The revisions will be reviewed at the next special meeting of the financial committee September 23, 2018 at the weekly fighter practice.


There being no other business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day committee recording secretary.


Minutes for 9/8/18 meeting

A special meeting of the finance committee was held September 8, 2018 at the Woodworth-Langley residence/ Their Excellencies to start updating and revising the local group financial policy. Policies are due by October 31, 2018. Committee members present: Marie Mills/Ly. Caitlin Marie de Moretaine, Jayme Jones/ Ly. Margaret Mackenzie, Jennifer Langley/ HE Sung Sai-êrh, Damien Woodworth/ Uldin de Vatavia and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie.


It was presented that at the Calon Con meeting in June the Regional Treasurer/ Kingdom Exchequer presented items that are to be included in local group financial policy: the Pay Pal policy, cash handling policy for events, documented policy for complimentary site and feast, and that the decided incoming Treasurers/ Exchequers are be responsible for changes to the local group account.

Local situations were discussed by the committee Identified local concerns are the annual tithe, the use of tickets at events for tavern, insurance coverage for items maintained by members, and the committee secretary position. Wording was proposed for those items to be included. Wording was also proposed for the required items mentioned at Calon Con. For some of those the Regional Treasurer/ Kingdom Exchequer will be consulted for suggested wording for items not covered in the currently available Regional/Kingdom Policy. It was decided to determine the format once all the content is finalized.

The first draft will be done and ready for the next meeting September 19, 2018


There being no other business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day committee recording secretary.


Minutes for 9/5/18 meeting

The September 5, 2018 meeting of the financial committee was held after the monthly Officers’ meeting at American Legion Post 256 Richard Gilbert, 4301 W Pawnee, Wichita, KS . Committee members present, Marie Mills/ Ly. Caitlin Marie de Moretaine; Jayme Jones/ Ly. Margaret Mackenzie; Robert Botkin/Ld. Robert the Scot, Jennifer Langley/ HE Sung Sai-êrh, Damien Woodworth/ HE Uldin Vatavia and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie. Members also in attendance: Ld. Konrad von Roth/ Kurt Jones, Ld. Magnus O’Carr, Nate Grunden, Mistress Sorcha O’Rain/ Sherrie Moreno. HL Friar Thomas Bacon/ David Moreno, HL William Douglas/ Jason Drago, Corey Jordan/ Veyl Robertson.


It was announced that the canvas for new tents/ shade flies will be ordered and delivered October. It was approved to order diagnostic equipment, specifically a drop tester ($45) and push tester ($55), for the cut and thrust activities to be maintained in the loaner equipment for that activity. Receipts will be presented for reimbursement that will include any shipping costs. Approximate cost for specific armored combat loaner armor was presented. More specific cost figures are required before such this expenditure will be approved.

A finance committee meeting is scheduled for September 8, 2018 at Their Excellencies residence to review and update the Vatavian financial policy prior to the October deadline for review. It was discussed whether to have arrangements to accept credit cards at Coronation here in January 2019. Consensus was to not do credit card payment. It was noted that Pay Pal will be done as required by Kingdom policy.


There being no other business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day committee recording secretary


Minutes for 8/8/18 meeting

A meeting of the financial committee was held August 8,, 2018 after the monthly populace meeting at the Richard Gilbert American Legion Post #256, 4301 W. Pawnee, Wichita KS. Committee members present were Marie Mills/ Caitlin Marie de Moretaine, Jayme Jones/ Margaret Mackenzie; Damien Woodworth/ Uldin de Vatavia, Jennifer Langley/ Sung Sai-êrh, and Mary J. Day/ Marie Chantal Delaire. Populace members attending or participating Kurt Jones/Konrad von Roth, Nicholas Green/ Øyrikr Raðúlfsson, Lynne Ahlgren/ Zoë Mikre, Sherrie Moreno/ Sorcha O’Riain, David Moreno/ Friar Thomas Bacon, and Nate Grunden.


The meeting was called to present cost figures for canvas for production of new tents. The committee approved an expenditure of about $300 for per tent for canvas in two colors. Each will be a separate book entry and therefore no issue on the required depreciation policy.

Kurt Jones brought up about building thrown weapons targets. He will be presenting exact cost figures for the next meeting. Nicholas Green requested obtaining specific loaner armor pieces to increase the number who can participate. Specifically needed are knees, elbows, and maybe a helm. He is to present estimated costs for the next Officers’ Meeting.


There being no other business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day committee recording secretary.


Minutes for 4/28/18 meeting

April 28, 2018 an emergency meeting of the finance committee was held after the local held event at OJ Watson Park 3022 S. Mclean Blvd, Wichita KS. Committee members present were Jayme Jones/Ly Margaret Mackenzie; Robert Botkin/Ld. Robert the Scot, Damien Woodworth/ Uldin of Vatavia, Jennifer Langley/ HE Sung Sai-êrh,, Faye-Marie Mills/Ly Caitlin Marie de Moretain and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie. Member Alan Horn/ HE Wulfric brought a proposal for immediate consideration.


It was requested and approved to obtain two (2) sets each of small and medium ½ gauntlets for loaner equipment for youth combat, at $50.00 per pair for a total of $200.00. The order would arrive in time to hold a Valor-style youth combat tournament at the May 26th- 27th event here.


There being no other business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day committee recording secretary.


Minutes for 9/20/17 meeting

The monthly group meeting of the local branch of The Society for Creative Anachronism Inc. in Wichita Kansas, aka Barony of Vatavia, was held on September 20, 2017 at 7 pm at American Legion Post 256, 4301 W. Pawnee, Wichita, Kansas, 67209. Local activities were reported by each responsible interest area officer.


The tenure of the current holder of the office of local Legal Representative, aka Seneschal has ended. Jason Drago has stepped down and Faye Marie Mills now fills that office. This is an appointed position by the regional Legal Representative, upon the recommendation of the local Chair. Robert Botkin stepped down as the local Treasurer in January but stayed on as a deputy for that position and Jayme Jones assumed that local Treasurer position at that time. Anita Maher-Lewis remains as the Regional Treasurer. Quarterly and year end reports will be sent to Faye Marie Mills as the Legal Representative with courtesy copies to Jennifer Langley, the local Chair.


There being no other business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day recording secretary.


Minutes for 9/6/17 meeting

The September 6, 2017 meeting of the financial committee was held after the monthly Officers’ meeting at Make ICT 1500 E Douglas, Wichita, KS . Committee members present, Jason Drago/ William Douglas, Marie Mills/ Caitlin Marie de Moretaine; Jayme Jones/ Margaret Mackenzie; Robert Botkin/Ld. Robert the Scot, Jennifer Langley/ HE Sung Sai-êrh, and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie.


A bid was presented for the Fall Great Plains Renaissance Festival by Robert and accepted. The details were discussed. The seed money amounts for archery, $50, and water bearing supplies, $20, were approved. Other details were briefly covered.

The Valor final bills were presented. The Tavern, water bearing and supplies were pre-approved as part of the budget. The receipts were accepted and the checks cut. A receipt was presented for the propane for the citron torches and approved for payment. The non-member surcharge payment check was done. The final report will be finished this evening.

The cost of materials for property improvements to total less than $100 was approved. This will be used for ropes, storage straps and paint. Information is being researched on canvas for replacing old Baronial equipment. It was announced that there is now storage for the Baronial marquis. A new rod was approved for the newest panel of the roll of arms.

The Baronial financial policy is coming up for review. Once completed it will be sent to Kingdom.


There being no other business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day committee recording secretary.


Minutes for 7/19/17 meeting

A meeting of the financial committee was held July 19, 2017 during the monthly populace meeting at the Richard Gilbert American Legion Post #256, 4301 W. Pawnee, Wichita KS. Committee members present were Jason Drago/ William Douglas, Marie Mills/ Caitlin Marie de Moretaine, Jayme Jones/ Margaret Mackenzie; Robert Botkin/ Robert the Scot, Damien Woodworth/ Uldin de Vatavia, and Mary J. Day/ Marie Chantal Delaire.


The meeting was called to handle two financial items. A proposal was made and approved to hold a barbecue potluck at O. J. Watson Park Sunday September 17, 2017. This is to be a thank you celebration for Sunday park staff and Park Supervisor Brian Hill who will be invited to attend. The Barony will provide meat, buns and charcoal with a budget of $100.00 to $130.00 approved for those purchases. Populace members will be asked to bring potluck dishes and desserts.

The Post Commander, Treasurer and Historian joined the committee. The Post contract with SCA Inc. Vatavia for monthly meeting was completed and payment issued in the budgeted amount of $350


There being no other business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day committee recording secretary.


Minutes for 6/7/17 meeting

A meeting of the financial committee was held June 7, 2017 after the Officers’ meeting at1500 E Douglas, Wichita, KS. Committee members present: Jason Drago/ William Douglas, Jennifer Langley/ HE Sung Sai-êrh, Damien Woodworth/ HE Uldin de Vatavia, Jayme Jones/ Ly. Margaret, Robert Botkin/Ld. Robert the Scot, and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie. Also present were member David Moreno/ Friar Thomas, Sherrie Moreno/ HL Sorcha, Kurt Jones/ Ld. Konrad, Hedie Botkin/ Ly Elizabeth Anne, Jay Reynolds/ HL Jóhann and Sherri Kim Yauk/ Volu-Dýrfinna Grimmsdóttir.


The meeting was called to discuss funding the Vatavian luncheon at Lilies. There had not been as many food donations volunteered for the meal. A deli style meal is planned. Menu options were discussed. The possibility of bulk style purchases being more economical was recommended and will be done.

Funds were approved of up to $150.00 to be reimbursed upon delivery of the receipts. Langley and Woodworth will handle the purchases to be made during Lilies.


There being no other financial business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day committee recording secretary


Minutes for 5/3/17 meeting

A meeting of the financial committee was held on May 3, 2017 after the monthly Officers’ meeting at Make ICT 1500 East Douglas, Wichita. KS. Committee members present, Jason Drago/ William Douglas, Maria Geeslin/Ly Maria Arosa, Jennifer Langley/ HE Sung Sai-êrh, Jayme Jones/Ly Margaret MacKenzie and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie and guest Margaret Geeslin, mother of Maria Geeslin.


The Treasurer requested approval to replace the portable finance box which is becoming non serviceable. This was approved. New folders suitable for the new box and a new cash box were approved. All these items, totaling $93.52, will be ordered through Amazon Prime, which has free shipping. The annual tithe to Regional/Kingdom in the amount of $500 was also approved.

Future expenditures for Make ICT membership and VFW Post 112 for monthly Populace meetings were discussed. Both were pended. At this time the Make ICT membership will be discussed with their President Logan as to the exact designation required from our organization for a collaborative membership. The VFW Post contact and evening manager will be moving. There is a possibility the facility may close as a result. The Seneschal will discuss the situation with this contact before any donation is approved.

The signature card processing is still on going. There is some circumstance resulting in paperwork not getting to corporate. It was announced that the re-starting Moonstone group has requested Vatavia to sponsor their group hosting Spring RUSH. There are some prerequisite and time line conditions that this group will need to meet to establish as a formally recognized group. Their Excellencies will continue discussions with Moonstone.


There being no other business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day committee recording secretary.


Minutes for 4/19/17 meeting

A meeting of the financial committee was held during the April 19, 2017 populace meeting at VFW Post 112, 1560 S. Topeka, Wichita KS. Committee members present: Jason Drago/HL William Douglas, Jennifer Langley/ HE Sung Sai-êrh, Jayme Jones/ Ly. Margaret, Robert Botkin/Ld. Robert the Scot, and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie. Also present were members John Chamberlain/ HG Garick Kopke and Stephanie Skaff/ HG Yasamin al-Hadiyya, Crown event Stewards.


The meeting was called to discuss the Kingdom event tithe, usually about 20%. The expenditure of $350 was approved and will be hand delivered by Their Excellencies. All other needed gratuities and tithes were discussed. It was decided to wait on those expenditures until after the Renaissance Festival this upcoming weekend. They will be put on the agenda for the next meeting.


There being no other business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day committee recording secretary.


Minutes for 3/22/17 meeting

A meeting of the financial committee was held during the March 22, 2017 populace meeting at VFW Post 112, 1560 S. Topeka, Wichita KS. Committee members present: Jason Drago/ William Douglas, Jennifer Langley/ HE Sung Sai-êrh, Jayme Jones/ Ly. Margaret, Robert Botkin/Ld. Robert the Scot, and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie. Also present were members Damien Woodworth/ HE Uldin, Robert Dover/ Lief Tryggvasson, and Sherri Kim Yauk/ Volu-Dýrfinna Grimmsdóttir.


The meeting was called to discuss funding the list field repairs to be completed for the April 8th event. $200 was recalled as proposed in the annual budget. Only $100 or less will be needed at this time. Materials will be recycled and others donated. Also discussed were specifics on the heraldic display.

The expenditure was approved. The list field will remain, until needed, at the work site since the residence is in the same town as the April 8th event.


There being no other business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day committee recording secretary.


Minutes for 3/1/17 meeting

A meeting of the financial committee was held after the monthly Officers’ meeting at Make ICT 1500 East Douglas, Wichita KS. Committee members present:Jason Drago/ William Douglas, Jennifer Langley/ HE Sung Sai-êrh, Jayme Jones/ Ly. Margaret, Robert Botkin/Ld. Robert the Scot, and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie. Event team members Maria Geeslin/Ly Maria Arosa, and Shanell Fisher/Ly. Lucia and members Damien Woodworth/ HE Uldin, Nicholas Green/ Ld. Øyurikr, and Thomas Tompson/ Sigurd-Elizabeth also participated.


The meeting covered several issues. Information on storage options is still being researched. However the issue of placing a container on the property next to Whispering Winds raises concern about the possibility of losing property if something happened to the property owner or the property changed hands. With no guarantee of timely notification Baronial property could be removed or subject to contested ownership. Mr. Green offered to talk to his wife about allowing property to be stored on their property in their existing shed. The storage decision was tables for 30 days.

A bid for Valor 2017 was presented by a team/ committee of individuals. The bid presented budgets based on costs for a previously used site and others with some additional amenities. No site has been finalized; and, other site options are still being pursued. Discussion on particular line items in the budget were discussed including the need for site tokens, advertising, printing and the possibility of having Equestrian competitions resume at the event, which would require the special insurance.

There has still been no resolution on the issue of the gratuities for pop booth work at the Renaissance Festival. The Seneschal will ‘take point’ to help get this resolved. It was agreed that no further offer of services will occur until payment is made. Archery will be done at the upcoming Festival so there will be funds coming in for the group.


There being no other business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day committee recording secretary.


Minutes for 1/4/17 meeting

The monthly meeting of the local branch of The Society for Creative Anachronism Inc. in Wichita Kansas, aka Barony of Vatavia, was held on January 4, 2017 at 7 pm at Make ICT 1500 E Douglas, Wichita, Kansas. Local activities were reported by each responsible interest area officer. All officers were reminded about the year end and quarterly report deadlines and encouraged to turn said reports in early.

The tenure for the current holders of the offices of local Chairman, local Treasurer, and Regional Treasurer, aka Baroness, Exchequer. and Kingdom Exchequer have ended. Jeremy Bullins has stepped down as Chairman; and, Jennifer Langley assumed that office. This is an appointed position by the regional Chair. Robert Botkin has stepped down as the local Treasurer and Jayme Jones has assumed that local Treasurer position. Linda Holm’s tenure as the Regional Treasurer has ended. Anita Maher-Lewis has been appointed by the Chair and Legal Representative for the region as the new Regional Treasurer. Quarterly and year end reports are still to be sent to Jason Drago as the legal representative with courtesy copies to Jennifer Langley.


There being no other business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day recording secretary.


Minutes for 12/7/16 meeting

A meeting of the financial committee was held after the monthly Officers’ meeting at Make ICT 1500 East Douglas, Wichita KS. Committee members present:Jason Drago/ William Douglas, Jennifer Langley/ HE Sung Sai-êrh, Jayme Jones/ Ly. Margaret, Robert Botkin/Ld. Robert the Scot, and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie. Event team members Maria Geeslin/Ly Maria Arosa, and Shanell Fisher/Ly. Lucia and members Damien Woodworth/ HE Uldin, Nicholas Green/ Ld. Øyurikr, and Thomas Tompson/ Sigurd-Elizabeth also participated.


The meeting covered several issues. Information on storage options is still being researched. However the issue of placing a container on the property next to Whispering Winds raises concern about the possibility of losing property if something happened to the property owner or the property changed hands. With no guarantee of timely notification Baronial property could be removed or subject to contested ownership. Mr. Green offered to talk to his wife about allowing property to be stored on their property in their existing shed. The storage decision was tables for 30 days.

A bid for Valor 2017 was presented by a team/ committee of individuals. The bid presented budgets based on costs for a previously used site and others with some additional amenities. No site has been finalized; and, other site options are still being pursued. Discussion on particular line items in the budget were discussed including the need for site tokens, advertising, printing and the possibility of having Equestrian competitions resume at the event, which would require the special insurance.

There has still been no resolution on the issue of the gratuities for pop booth work at the Renaissance Festival. The Seneschal will ‘take point’ to help get this resolved. It was agreed that no further offer of services will occur until payment is made. Archery will be done at the upcoming Festival so there will be funds coming in for the group.


There being no other business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day committee recording secretary.


Minutes for 11/2/16 meeting

A meeting of the financial committee was held after the monthly populace meeting on November 2, 2016 at Make ICT 1500 E. Douglas. Committee members present were Jason Drago/ William Douglas, Jennifer Langley/ HE Sung Sai-êrh, Damien Woodworth/ HE Uldin of Ravenscroft, Robert Botkin/Ld. Robert the Scot, and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie. Lief Trygguasson’s/ Mrs. Robert Dover’s wife also attended.


The options for Baronial property storage were discussed. Storage containers that could be stored on land near the past Valor site were discussed. Some options have been researched; others still need to be researched. In the long term it will be more cost effective than monthly rental charges at commercial facilities. Kingdom will be consulted about the issues associated with such storage solutions.

The budget for 2017 will be done at the next meeting after the December Officers’ Meeting. It was announced to the Officers to have any budget requests ready at that time. Estimated specific cost for the requests should be included. Tithing was mentioned.

Gratuities for the Ren Festivals pop booth still need to be received. It will be requested from Eagles Realm.

Reimbursement for payment already privately made for the November storage shed was approved. It was stated that the check has been cut for the donation to the Cancer Society from the April 2016 event.


There being no other business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day committee recording secretary.


Minutes for 7/20/16 meeting

A short meeting of the finance committee was held July 20, 2016 during the regular populace meeting held at the VFW , Wichita, Kansas. Committee members present, Jason Drago/ Ld William Douglas, Jennifer Langley/ HE Sung Sai-êrh, Damien Woodworth/ HE Uldin, Robert Botkin/ Ld. Robert the Scott, Mary J. Day/ HE Marie and Jay Reynolds/HL Jóhann.


The disposition of the old Baronial chairs was determined. The chairs are unusable and unsafe after many years of wear. Since new ones have been obtained, it was proposed to dispose of the old chairs and remove them from the inventory. The proposal was approved. Reynolds voted as a paid member representing the populace; Botkin abstained as an interested party. The old chairs will go to Robert Botkin to be used to make patterns for future use of members of the group.


There being no other business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day recording secretary


Minutes for 5/4/16 meeting

A short meeting of the finance committee was held May 4, 2016 after the regular Officers’ meeting held at Make ICT 1500 E Douglas, Wichita, Kansas. Committee members present, Jason Drago/ Ld William Douglas, Maria Geeslin/Ly Maria Arosa, Jennifer Langley/ HE Sung Sai-êrh, Damien Woodworth/ HE Uldin, Robert Botkin/ Ld. Robert the Scott, and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie.


Bills were presented and approved for payment of fuel purchases for the transportation of Baronial property to the Phallus Fractus event and the Renaissance Festival demo the following day. The other request was for fuel to move the Baronial property to the temporary new storage location. Both requests were approved after brief discussion. Payment was also made for supplies obtained for Phallus Fractus.


There being no other business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day


Minutes for 4/20/16 meeting

A special meeting of the finance committee was held April 20.2016 during the populace gathering at VFW Post #112, 1560 S. Topeka, Wichita, KS, 67211. Committee members present, Jason Drago/ Ld William Douglas, Maria Geeslin/Ly Maria Arosa, Jennifer Langley/ HE Sung Sai-êrh, Damien Woodworth/ HE Uldin, Robert Botkin/ Ld. Robert the Scott, and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie. Member of the populace present was Shanell Fisher/ Ly Lucia.


Bids were presented for the construction of new Baronial chairs. The bid for a pair of chairs for $300 each, a total of $600, was approved. It was announced that the shed payment was ready for delivery. Caltrop expenses for the last five quarters in the amount of $7.17 was paid this evening.

Expenses and the recommended dispersal of profits from the Phallus Fractus were presented and discussed.


There being no other business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day


Minutes for 4/4/16 meeting

A meeting of the financial committee was held April 4, 2016 after the monthly populace meeting at Make ICT 1500 E. Douglas, Wichita, KS. Committee members present, Jason Drago/ Ld William Douglas, Maria Geeslin/Ly Maria Arosa, Jennifer Langley/ HE Sung Sai-êrh, Robert Botkin/Ld. Robert the Scot, and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie. Members of the populace present were Heidi Botkin/Ly Elizabeth Anne, Shanell Fisher/ Ly Lucia, and Sherri Moreno/ HL Sorcha.


The local Baronial tithe of $500 to Kingdom/ regional was approved. This will be sent as a separate payment from the portion of profits from local Kingdom/ regional events that needs to be delivered as well.

The Valor bid was presented and discussed. The bid was accepted for this year’s event. It was also requested and approved to add thrown weapons to the Baronial property. After discussion Panther Primitives will be used for axes. In addition the Exchequer/ Treasurer was asked to check into the cost, including shipping and handling, for a dozen handles.


There being no other business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day committee recording secretary.


Minutes for 1/20/16 meeting

An unscheduled meeting of the financial committee was held after the January 20, 2016 populace meeting. Committee members present, Jason Drago/ HLWilliam Douglas, Jeremy Bullins/ HE Donald, Lynn Ahlgrenn/ HE Zoë, Robert Botkin/ Ld Robert, Andrew Harness/ Ld ?ttarr, and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie. Also attending were Maria Geeslin/ Ly Maria, Damien Woodworth/ Sir Uldin, Jennifer Langley/ HL Sung, Shanell Fisher/ Ly Lucia, Kurt Jones/ Ld. Konrad, and Alex Cummings.


The emergency purchase of replacement chaffing dishes during the last event, January 9,2016 in Andover was approved. The incoming Baronage was authorized to obtain bids for new coronets and chairs.

Once the officers have changed in February the signature card will be updated accordingly, removing Jeremy Bullins and adding Jennifer Langley as a signator.


There being no other business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day committee recording secretary.


Minutes for 11/5/15 meeting

An unscheduled meeting of the financial committee was held within the November 5, 2015 Officers’ Meeting. Committee members present, Jason Drago/ HLWilliam Douglas, Jeremy Bullins/ HE Donald, Mary J. Day/ HE Marie. There were 8 other officers and one member of the populace present during that meeting.


After discussion during the Officers’ Meeting regarding the need to find new storage for the Baronial property it was approved to obtain a temporary commercial storage unit through April 2016. One possible option was presented that had no contract requirement and a monthly cost of $94. There are other possible storage facilities. The best for the current needs will be determined.


There being no other business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day committee recording secretary.


Minutes for 8/5/15 meeting

A meeting of the finance committee was held August 5, 2015 at World of Life Martinson Avenue Campus after the monthly Officers’ meeting. Committee members present were Jason Drago/ William, Jeremy Bullins/ HE Donald, Lynn Ahlgren/ HE Zoë, Robert Botkin/Robert the Scott, and Mary J. Day/ Marie. Also present were Shanell Fisher/Lucia, Maria Arosa/ Maria Geeslin, and Thomas Tompson


Three items were presented for consideration and approved. The returned Valor pool deposit of $200 was reallocated to the event’s prize budget and evening party. The Baronial food stuffs will be made available for a meal at the Valor site clean up day August 22nd. The request was accepted from the Word of Life Martison Avenue Campus to provide a breakfast tavern at the October newcomer event.

A bid proposal for a Spring event was received for consideration. However a different site from that proposed will be needed and a new bid submitted based on the alternate site that is found.


There being no other business the meeting ended.

Mary J. Day recording secretary


Minutes for 4/1/15 meeting

An emergency meeting of the finance committee was held April 1, 2015 at World of Life Martinson Avenue Campus prior to the monthly Officers’ meeting. Committee members present were Andrew Harness/ ?ttarr, Jeremy Bullins/ HE Donald, Lynn Ahlgren/ HE Zoë, Robert Botkin/Robert the Scott, and Mary J. Day/ Marie. Chris Moore/ Corrigan arrived just as business was concluding.


It was brought up for consideration to make a donation/ gratuity to the VFW Post 112 which has been made available for monthly populace meetings and some interest group functions. It was noted that this had not been done in the past since maintenance and help with repairs had been provided by members. An amount equal to that donated to the church, $300, was approved.


There being no other business the meeting ended.

Mary J. Day recording secretary


Minutes for 3/11/15 meeting

An meeting of the financial committee was held March 11,2015 at World of Life Martinson Avenue Campus.. The meeting was held in two parts. The first part included committee members: present: Andrew Harness/ ?ttarr, Jeremy Bullins/ HE Donald, Lynn Ahlgren/ HE Zoë, and Robert Botkin/Robert the Scott, The second part included committee members: Andrew Harness/ ?ttarr, Jeremy Bullins/ HE Donald, Robert Botkin/Robert the Scott, and Mary J. Day/ Marie.


The seed money will be needed for the Renaissance Festival hair braiding booth. At the first part of the meeting $100 was approved. Shortly after it was noted that materials would be needed for hair braiding. It was approved for a maximum of $75, which historically is more than has been needed. However if current material costs exceed that amount a separate meeting will be required to approve payment upon submission of receipts for those supplies.


There being no other business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day committee recording secretary.


Minutes for 2/11/15 meeting

An meeting of the financial committee was held February 11,2015 at World of Life Martinson Avenue Campus after the regular monthly Officers’ meeting. Committee members present: Andrew Harness/ ?ttarr, Jeremy Bullins/ HE Donald, Lynn Ahlgren/ HE Zoë, Robert Botkin/Robert the Scott, and Mary J. Day/ Marie Also present were Chris Moore/ Corrigan for Andrew Harness who is both Seneschal and Property Master, Casey Carson/ Torin, Deidra Carson/ Deirdre, Kristin Caswell/ Yukiko, Jason Drago/ William, Bryan Dugan/ Bjorn, Jay Reynolds/ Jóhann: officers amd members of the populace.


Valor will be run by the Officers’ corps this year since no bid had been received to date. Details of the proposal compiled by the Seneschal were given. The proposed budget for the event of $4,495.00 was approved. This budget includes the cost of equestrian insurance and pool rental for two afternoons besides the usual expenses associated with an event.

It was approved to use the T-shirts from Valor XXXV in inventory as gifts to local members and as Baronial largess.


There being no other business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day committee recording secretary.


Minutes for 1/7/15 meeting

An meeting of the financial committee was held January 7, 2015 after the monthly Officers’ meeting at the newly affiliated Word of Life Martinson Avenue Campus. Committee members present, Andrew Harness/ Ld. ?ttarr, Jeremy Bullins/ HE Donald, Heidi Botkin/ Elizabeth Anne, and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie Also present was Chris Moore/ Ld. Corrigan for Andrew Harness who is both Seneschal and Property Master.


The request by the Equestrians to use the Equestrian Valor Sword as another event’s ‘trophy’ will be denied. The local group has every intention of continuing that competition as part of Valor.

A donation of $350 to the newly reorganized Martinson Avenue Church was approved and a check cut and delivered to the new Pastor who was in the building at the time. A tithe of $500 to the Kingdom was approved and the check cut. It will be delivered at the event.


There being no other business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day committee recording secretary.


Minutes for 12/3/14 meeting

An brief meeting of the financial committee was held after the regular Officers’ meeting on December 3, 2014. Committee members present, Andrew Harness/ Ld. ?ttarr, Jeremy Bullins/ HE Donald, Heidi Botkin/Elizabeth Anne, and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie Also present was Chris Moore/ Ld. Corrigan for Andrew Harness who is both Seneschal and Property Master.


The financial procedure for events for sponsored groups was explained. Proceeds from the Theobald event will be placed in the Vatavian account and transferred once that event’s checks have cleared and an official group account is established for Theobald College.

It was noted for future budgeting that new directional signs need to be made.


There being no other business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day committee recording secretary.


Minutes for 11/5/14 meeting

An meeting of the financial committee was held November 5, 2014 after the monthly populace meeting. Committee members present, Andrew Harness/ Ld. ?ttarr, Lynn Ahlgren/ HE Zoë, Heidi Botkin/Elizabeth Anne, Mary J. Day/ HE Marie and Chris Moore/ Ld. Corrigan for Andrew Harness who is both Seneschal and Property Master. David Strasburg/Myghal Stanborough Seneschal of Ark City/Theobald College, Jason Drago/ William Dougas, Deidra Carson/ Deirdre de Warenne members populace.


As the sponsor of the Arkansas City group our local group is financially responsible for event funding. The December 9th event, July Christmas in December, has a budget of $200 for the site and $200 seed money. After discussion an event budget of $300 and seed money of $200 was approved. The checks were cut.

There was a discussion with the event steward for the Roman event in April, Deidra Carson/ Deirdre, on the timing for contracts for that event. It was recommended to get those and payment made before the event. It was recommended to do this as soon as possible.


There being no other business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day committee recording secretary.


Minutes for 10/15/14 meeting

An unscheduled meeting of the financial committee was held October 15, 2014 after the monthly populace meeting. Committee members present, Andrew Harness/ Ld. ?ttarr, Jeremy Bullins/ HE Donald, Lynn Ahlgren/ HE Zoë, Heidi Botkin/Elizabeth Anne, and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie Also present were Chris Moore/ Ld. Corrigan for Andrew Harness who is both Seneschal and Property Master, Shanell Fisher/ Ly Lucia, and Robert Botkin/ Robert the Scot.


It was requested to reduce the price on the remaining Valor XXXV Sheepaho T-shirts to $8 and $10. This request was approved.


There being no other business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day committee recording secretary.


Minutes for 5/21/14 meeting

The financial committee meeting was held May 21, 2014 at VFW Post after the regularly scheduled Populace meeting. Committee members present, Andrew Harness/ Ld. ?ttarr, Lynne Ahlgrenn/ HE Zoë, Heidi Botkin/Elizabeth Anne, and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie. Also present were Chris Moore/ Ld. Corrigan for Andrew Harness who is both Seneschal and Property Master, Chad Mapes/ Karl, Ly. Aelia Basina of Veii/Jennifer Stinger and her daughter Alise.


May 7th during the Officers’ meeting a modified bid for the Cut and Trust event rescheduled to November 22nd was submitted. The bid modification required a new budget to be approved. The proposed traveling trophy hilt has been commissioned from HL Cai Douglas. Possible repurposing of the rapier, should circumstances change, was discussed. The additional $150.00 was approved.

The old material of the ‘dead’ shade flies will be given to the fighters for repurposing to armor, shield covers, etc. The new Baronial tents have been obtained and paid for. Each will require a tote for storage. The loaner armor needs a new container also. Other property containers have damage as well. A budget for a minimum of three, and as many as six or seven, totes was approved at a cost of $100.


There being no other business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day committee recording secretary.


Minutes for 4/2/14 meeting

The financial committee meeting was held April 2, 2014 at Martinson Avenue Christian Church after the regularly scheduled Officers’ meeting. Committee members present, Andrew Harness/ Ld. ?ttarr, Jeremy Bullins/ HE Donald, Lynne Ahlgrenn/ HE Zoë, Heidi Botkin/Ly.Elizabeth Anne, and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie. Also present were Meg Reed/ HE Melisende and Robert Botkin/ Ld. Robert.


It was noted that budgeted items for Valor need to be ordered and other items purchased starting now. Water bearing supplies for the Renaissance Festival and meat for the Champions’ event April 27th will be purchased; and, those members reimbursed upon delivery of the receipts for those expenditures. Paperwork for the seed money was completed. Checks were done for the paper supplies obtained for the Kingdom Arts and Sciences event and for the Ren Festival Seed money.

The Kingdom Arts and Sciences payment to Saint Patrick’s School and the Kingdom event tithe plus donations from that event need to be made and delivered. It was discussed about mailing those payments. The Vatavian tithe was discussed also. Jeremy Bullins/ HE Donald offered to deliver it personally the next Kingdom event he attended where Their Majesties were present.

A revised Cut and Thrust College event bid will be presented later. The schedule change will require a change of venue and result in a budget change.


There being no other business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day committee recording secretary.


Minutes for 2/8/14 meeting

The financial committee meeting was held February 8, 2014 at the Old Chicago restaurant in Old Town. Committee members present, Andrew Harness/ Ld. ?ttarr, Jeremy Bullins/ HE Donald, Lynne Ahlgrenn/ HE Zoë, Heidi Botkin/Ly. Elizabeth Anne, and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie. Also present were Chris Moore/ Ld. Corrigan for Andrew Harness who is both Seneschal and Property Master, Jennifer Stinger/ Milady Aelia the Chronicler, and Dean W. Day/ Ld. Leonardo.


It was reported that the group has a balance of approximately $14,700. It was recommended that two years of operating expenses be maintained in the account by the group. For those events that are currently held and other yearly expenses that would be $12,000.

Budgeting for additional expenditures for 2014 were discussed and approved. The shade fly/flies and a pavilion will be replaced. It was noted that this is a recurring expense to be planned on possibly every three years. Battery operated lanterns, rebar, and walkie-talkies for use during large outdoor weekend events will be obtained. Roasters to actually use for food preparation will be purchased. Wood to build needed, specific sized shelving for storing Baronial property will also be bought. All purchases to be done through the coming year as needed. Individual committee members and officers will be responsible for specific budget items.

The meeting also discussed amending the local event bid requirements to include tithing plans. A percentage guideline rather than a set amount was recommended. It was also noted that event stewards need to be present and involved with moving Baronial property from storage for their event.

The donation from the pop booth concession at the Renaissance Festival is expected before the next Festival. Possible changes in the booth set up are being considered by the Festival planners. Policy changes for the use of the cafeteria at St. Pat’s were announced. Additional storage containers for the Roll of Arms were approved.


There being no other business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day committee recording secretary.

Minutes for 12/4/13 meeting

The financial committee meeting was held December 4, 2013 at Martinson Avenue Christian Church after the regularly scheduled Officers’ meeting. Committee members present, Andrew Harness/ Ld. ?ttarr, Jeremy Bullins/ HE Donald, Lynne Ahlgrenn/ HE Zoë, Heidi Botkin/Elizabeth Anne, and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie. Also present were Chris Moore/ Ld. Corrigan for Andrew Harness who is both Seneschal and Property Master, Jason Drago/ William, Shanell Fisher/ Ly Lucia, Chad Mapes/ Karl, Faye-Marie Mills/ Ly Catlin and Samantha Strickland/ Ly Mór


During the Officers’ meeting it was announced that the group had $14,875. The financial committee was asked that a tithe be made at Kris Kinder. There was a lengthy discussion on tithing and related issues. A tithing was proposed for Kingdom A and S with further budgeting for tithing to be determined. Future expenditures were part of this discussion: tent poles, pavilion fund, storage shed rental, and roll of arms storage. The 2014 budget will be made in January.

The revised Cut and Thrust College event bid was presented. Changes made including changing to a one day event and authorizing additional funds for event fliers. The modified event budget of $420 was approved. The revised contract will be obtained tomorrow and the reservation check processed next Wednesday December 11th.

The donation for volunteering to work the pop booths at the Great Plains Fall Renaissance Festival have not been received. Richard Cathey/ Thorgrim of Eagles Realm will be contacted regarding this donation.


There being no other business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day committee recording secretary.


Minutes for 11/6/13 meeting

The financial committee meeting was held November 6, 2013 at Martinson Avenue Christian Church after the regularly scheduled Officers’ meeting. Committee members present were Faye-Marie Mills/ Ly Catlin- deputy CEO, Jeremy Bullins/ HE Donald- co-Chairman, Lynne Alhgrenn/He Zoë Mikre co-Chairman, Andrew Harness/?ttarr Surtrson- CEO, Heidi Botkin/Elizabeth Anne- Treasurer and Mary J. Day/ Marie- Secretary. Also present was Chad Mapes/ Karl zum Drachen- event coordinator.


A donation to Martinson Avenue Christian Church in the amount of $300 was approved and the check made. It will be delivered to the church office this week.

It was approved for a waterproofed storage for the new cut and thrust loaner equipment. The container to be less than $75 in cost.

A bid for a proposed event on July 17-20, 2014 at Camp Hawk in Newton was received from Chad Mapes/ Karl zum Drachen. The site will hold the date and costs for one month. Concerns regarding other summer commitments and potential member burn out were briefly discussed. The committee asked for some time to consider this proposal. Chad will mail corrected copies of the proposed bid to Bullins, Alhgrenn, Mills and Botkin.


There being no other business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day committee recording secretary.


Minutes for 7/3/13 meeting

The financial committee meeting was held July 3, 2013 at Martinson Avenue Christian Church after the regularly scheduled Officers’ meeting. Committee members present were Jeremy Bullins/ HE Donald, Lynne Alhgrenn/He Zoë Mikre, Andrew Harness/?ttarr Surtrson, Heidi Botkin/Elizabeth Anne and Mary J. Day/ Marie. Also present were officers Jay Reynolds/ Jóhann Steinarsson, Jason Drago/William Douglas, Shanell Fisher/ Lucia of Vatavia, Jennifer Langley/ Sung Sai-êrh, deputies Robert Botkin/Robert MacLaren, Chad Mapes/Karl zum Drachen and populace member Paul White/Paul de White.


A request was received for $150 to update the web site hosting for another 3 years. It was approved. It was also requested to re-instate the barbecue budget to be used for the August regional fighter practice. It was approved to budget $50 for that expense. The Baronage/ Bullins-Alhgrenn will handle that purchase.

The pricing for the proposed archery target stands was given. Materials will come to $18.00 per stand made. There was discussion as to the number of stands needed. Five was agreed on and noted as costing under $100. It was noted that such stands are more than the annual past budget for hay bales but will last longer and will be easier to transport.


There being no other business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day committee recording secretary.


Minutes for 6/5/13 meeting

The financial committee meeting was held June 5, 2013 at Martinson Avenue Christian Church after the regularly scheduled Officers’ meeting. Committee members present were Faye-Marie Mills/ Ly Catlin, Jeremy Bullins/ HE Donald, Lynne Alhgrenn/Zoë Mikre, Andrew Harness/?ttarrSurtrson and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie. Heidi Botkin/Elizabeth Anne was contacted electronically.


A request had been received from Andrew Harness/?ttarrSurtrson for kitchen equipment to meet current State health code and legal issues. It would enable the group to not have to rely on local site inventory which may be unusable, in poor condition, or nonexistent.

After discussion of the items on the requested list, $750 was tentatively approved to purchase equipment, storage containers if needed, and incidental equipment. Items to be prioritized as to immediate and future need. Approval was finalized after receiving approval from the Exchequer electronically.

The exact method of the financial transaction is to be worked out between the Seneschal and Exchequer Officers to meet current financial policy

It was mentioned that the finance committee had approved the purchase of water jugs/ containers for water bearing. These need to be obtained before Valor.


There being no other business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day committee recording secretary.


Minutes for 3/6/13 meeting

The financial committee meeting was held March 6, 2013 at Martinson Avenue Christian Church after the regularly scheduled Officers’ meeting. Committee members present were Faye-Marie Mills/ Ly Catlin, Jeremy Bullins/ HE Donald, Lynn Alhgren/ HE Zoë, Heidi Botkin/Ly. Elizabeth Anne, Andrew Harness/Ld. ?ttarr and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie. Also present were Robert Botkin/ Ld. Robert and Jason Drago/ Ld. William.


During the Officers’ Meeting a balance of $10, 610.90 was reported. It was announced that a check for $1500 had been received as reimbursement for our portion of the settlement on the lawsuit back in October 2011. The insurance carrier had originally refused to pay the portion of the settlement required of them. That check will be deposited into the Baronial account.

Payment has been made for approved budgeted items: the new Champion’s ax and the Champions’ event site, Camp Hawk. The Valor site fee has already been paid in full.

A budget of $300 was approved for materials for making new arrows for the archery booth at the Renaissance Festivals in the Fall and Spring. This will be an ongoing project with each Festival’s archery profits funding materials for the next Festival. Research will be done on the cost for six new water coolers to meet the needs of local events at large outdoor sites.

Feast and tavern stewards are asked to submit requests for needed equipment so as to insure it is available when the existing site supplies are insufficient. The Property Master was asked to check the inventory for current serving supplies and any items that might be needed. It was recommended that pavilions be entered as a regularly, annual budgeted item. With weather and regular use it is an item that needs replacement or repair, at least every 5 years. This would insure funds would be available to meet the need.


There being no other business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day committee recording secretary.


Minutes for 9/5/12 meeting

The financial committee meeting was held September 5, 2012 at Martinson Avenue Christian Church after the regularly scheduled Officers’ meeting. Committee members present were Faye-Marie Mills/ Ly Catlin, Jeremy Bullins/ HE Donald, Heidi Botkin/Elizabeth Anne, and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie. Also present were Alan Horn/HE Wulfric, Chris Moore/ Ld. Corrigan and Robert Botkin/ Ld. Robert, event stewards and Sarah Hollis/ Ly Francisca.


During the Officers’ meeting it was arranged that the Valor event deposit would be done Thursday September 6th. It was also announced then that the event would definitely break even.

Bills were received and the cash advance reconciled for food costs. The Tavern balanced out. The bill had been received from CSS Graphics in the amount of $250 for event programs and site tokens used at Valor. A check was cut for that expense. Other expenses are pending, awaiting paperwork, receipts or billing.

Expenditure requests were approved for materials for storage for additional panels of the Roll of Arms and for the proposed budget for the upcoming Renaissance Festival. An additional $70 was included on this Fall Festival budget to pay for fuel for the truck loaned to haul property to and from the Festival site.


There being no other business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day committee recording secretary.


Minutes for 5/2/12 meeting

The financial committee meeting was held May 2, 2012 at Martinson Avenue Christian Church during the regularly scheduled Officers’ meeting. Committee members present were Faye-Marie Mills/ Ly Catlin, Jeremy Bullins/ HE Donald, Lynn Alhgrenn/ HE Zoë, Heidi Botkin/Elizabeth Anne, and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie. Also present were Jason Drago/Ld. William, Shanell Fisher/Lucia, Kristin Caswell/ Ly. Yukiko, Jeo Bondurant/ Ly. Saki, Jennifer Langley/HL Sung, Damian Woodworth/ HL Uldin, Kurt and Jayme Jones and daughter/ Ld. Konrad and Ly. Margaret, Moira Mills.


It was reported that a deposit of $422 was made for the Renaissance Festival this April. There will be a minimum donation of $500, most probably more, for assisting with the pop concession at the Festival.

Expenditure requests were presented. A request for $150 to replace the Champion’s ax was approved pending design approval. It was approved to budget $130 to obtain two archery nets. It was not approved to fund a private request for materials to do a fund raiser for the Barony. Such ventures will continue to be at an individual’s discretion and an individual’s own resources. Pricing will be obtained for other expenditure requests for a side quiver for the Archer Champion regalia, roll of arms storage, and loaner garb storage.

It was reported that there are two outstanding cash advances from last year that need to be closed out. Records will be checked to determine any past information, decisions, or actions taken on these budgeted items. It may be passed onto the Kingdom Seneschal.


.

There being no other business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day committee recording secretary.


Minutes for 3/28/12 meeting

The financial committee met March 28, 2012 at Martinson Avenue Christian Church. Committee members present were Faye-Marie Mills/ Catlin Marie de Moretaine, Jeremy Bullins/ HE Donald, Lynn Alhgrenn/ HE Zoë, Heidi Botkin/ Elizabeth Anne Draper and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie. Also present was Andrew Harness/ ?ttarr Surtsson


A balance of $ 9,971.95 was reported. Receipts were presented for mailing expenses for the Domesday report and registered mail for the Society Settlement check from the group and these were reimbursed. A check was made for donations, $24, collected for the Martinson Avenue Christian Church.

The goal of the meeting was the formulation of the budget for 2012. Known events and obligations were noted. Additional expenses for specific items of equipment, storage security, postage, supplies. and gratuities were covered. The proposed budget for this year is $7730. It was noted that the budget for the previous year was $9828. A final proposed budget write up will be presented for approval in the near future.

It was announced that the payment for the pop booth concession at the Fall Renaissance Festival has been made and will be received soon. Also attendance at Valor may see more Ansteorrans with the cancellation of the Goth Wars.


There being no other business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day committee recording secretary.


Minutes for 3/7/12 meeting

The financial committee meeting was held March 7, 2012 at Martinson Avenue Christian Church after the regularly scheduled Officers’ meeting. Committee members present were Faye-Marie Mills/ Ly. Catlin, Jeremy Bullins/ HE Donald, Lynn Alhgrenn/ HE Zoë, Kelly Redmond/ Ly. Finbharr and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie. The Exchequer, Heidi Botkin/ Elizabeth Anne Draper was present by electronic communication. Also present were Andrew Harness/ Ld. ?ttarr and Chris Moore/ Ld. Corrigan, event staff for upcoming events. Moira Mills/ Moira McPherson was also present.


It was reported during the monthly Offices’ meeting that all reports for the Exchequer’s office are in and up to current. The annual budget for 2012 will be presented to the committee for approval as soon as possible. It was approved to use the quarterly barbecue budget as part of the budget for the feast at the Champions’ event April 7, 2012. The feast budget for that event was approved at $300. It was also approved to immediately obtain hay bales for use in archery activities for 2012. This expenditure is not to exceed $75.00.

There were no bills or previous paperwork on cash advances or events received. The payment for the pop booth concession at the Fall Festival has not been received. The Festival organizer will be contacted.

There was a discussion on the storage needs of the Barony for its property. The current storage location will no longer be available after the end of April. A brief internet search pricing specific sized sheds at different storage facilities was done. Recommendations and suggestions will be requested of the membership.


There being no other business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day committee recording secretary.


Minutes for 11/2/11 meeting

The financial committee meeting was held November 2, 2011 at Martinson Avenue Christian Church after the regularly scheduled Officers’ meeting. Committee members present were Debbie Taylor/ HE Brialen, Jeremy Bullins/ HE Donald, and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie. Mary White/ Ly. Alyx was there as Exchequer deputy to present his report since his new job prevented him attending and Faye-Marie Mills/ Ly Catlin as the incoming Seneschal. Also present were Kurt Jones/Ld. Konrad, Jayme Jones/ Milady Margaret and their daughter.


Payment was made to CSS Graphics for the monthly Dragonflyre, business cards, and brochures totaling $190.91. Payment of $55.02 was made for the repair of the music boom box. The Waste Management payment will be mailed this week. The tithe to Kingdom for Valor can now be done; and, the event’s finance paperwork closed.

It was requested that a check for payment to reserve the Alford Library for populace meetings for 2012 be made. This had been approved at the September 7th meeting.

A bid was received for Crown Tournament to be held in Vatavia January 2013. The deadline for all bids is December 7th. Fees for the Mid-Winter event January 28, 2012 were clarified. Preliminary discussion on items to be addressed in the upcoming 2012 budget was done.


There being no other business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day committee recording secretary.


Minutes for 10/26/11 meeting

The financial committee held a special meeting October 26, 2011 at Martinson Avenue Christian Church Committee members present were Debbie Taylor/ HE Brialen, Jeremy Bullins/ HE Donald, Lynn Alhgrenn/ HE Zoë, and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie. Also present were Meg Reed/ HE Melisende, Mary White/ Ly Alyx Exchequer deputy, and Deirdra Carson/ Dierdre the Easily Distracted.


The final bills had been received for Valor. The balance of $1350.00 on the site fee was paid to the First Presbyterian Church Camp. The Waste Management bill was delivered and a check cut for $397.48. Two proposal were ready to send to Kingdom. A check to Saker in the amount of $14.00 was done.

The approved quarterly budget for the barbecue was not used due to the cancellation because of the weather. Paperwork was received for the repair of the boom box. Cash advances and budget approved expenses were pended to the monthly November meeting.

A local event bid for Midwinter proposed for January 28, 2012 was presented by Deirdra Carson/Ly. Deirdre the Easily Distracted.


There being no other business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day committee recording secretary.


Minutes for 10/5/11 meeting

The financial committee meeting was held October 5, 2011 at Martinson Avenue Christian Church after the regularly scheduled Officers’ meeting. Committee members present were Evan White/ Ld Ebhan, Kelly Redmond/ Ly Finbharr, and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie. Also present Erica Liput/Luisa of the Willows for the Seneschal’s office, and Mary White/ Ly Alyx.


A balance of $14,270.84 was reported during the Officers’ meeting. Cash advances were closed for the purchase of the walkie-talkies and hay bales. A cash advance of $25.00 was made to purchase a tote for hauling and storage of tent material. The CSS Graphics bill for the Dragonflyre and the Valor handouts was paid. A check to Kingdom for three heraldic proposals was also processed.

It was approved to use the quarter barbecue budget for the potluck Saturday at the Renaissance Festival. The final books for Valor event are awaiting the receipt of the trash bill. The balance of the site fee is pending and the tithe to Kingdom needs to be determined and approved.

A second brief meeting was held after the interviews were over. At that meeting were committee members Debbie Taylor/ HE Brialen , Jeremy Bullins/ HE Donald, Lynn Alhgrenn/ HE Zoë, Evan White/ Ld Ebhan, and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie. A tithe to Kingdom of 15% from Valor was approved.


Mary J. Day committee recording secretary.


Minutes for 9/21/11 meeting

A special financial committee meeting was held September 21, 2011 at the Lionel Alford Library 3447 S. Meridian after the regularly monthly populace meeting. Committee members present were Debbie Taylor/ HE Brialen, Jeremy Bullins/ HE Donald, Evan White/ Ld Ebhan, Kelly Redmond/ Ly Finbharr and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie.


It was approved to budget a maximum of $200 for the publication of at least 250 business cards and 500 brochures in black and white for the upcoming Renaissance Festival and other presentations. Chris Moore/ Ld. Corrigan will obtain cost quotes from CSS Graphics for this expenditure.

It was approved budget $100 for the purchase of 300’ of rope for the tents, marquis, and other usages before the Renaissance Festival. This will be done as a cash advance.


The meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day committee recording secretary.


Minutes for 9/7/11 meeting

The financial committee meeting was held September 7, 2011 at Martinson Avenue Christian Church after the regularly scheduled Officers’ meeting. Committee members present were Debbie Taylor/ HE Brialen, Jeremy Bullins/ HE Donald, Lynn Alhgrenn/ HE Zoë, Evan White/ Ld Ebhan, and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie. Also present were Meg Reed/ HE Melisende, Erica Liput/ Ly Luisa, Mary White/ Ly Alyx, Carol Jared-Brown/ Ly Ala, and Chris Brown/ Sean Angus.


A balance of $15,349.28 was reported during the Officers’ meeting. Cash advances were closed for Valor tavern and Troll and the paperwork processed. Two Valor cash advances are outstanding. An unbudgeted Kingdom expenditure from the Kingdom MoY was approved and paid. Receipts were presented for non-event related Baronial supplies and reimbursed. The Dragonflyre bill of $78.51 was paid.

It was approved to reserve the Alford Library for populace meetings for 2012, with November and December scheduled for the second Wednesday to accommodate the holidays. A budget of $100 for supplies for the Fall Ren Festival was approved. Seed money for that event will be done as a cash advance prior to the Festival.

Kingdom policy regarding reimbursement when receipts are not available was clarified. It was announced that the walkie-talkies were obtained at ½ of the approved budget.


There being no other business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day committee recording secretary.


Minutes for 8/3/11 meeting

The financial committee meeting was held August 3, 2011 at Martinson Avenue Christian Church after the regularly scheduled Officers’ meeting. Committee members present were Debbie Taylor/ HE Brialen, Jeremy Bullins/ HE Donald, Lynn Alhgrenn/ HE Zoë, Evan White/ Ld Ebhan, Kelly Redmond/Ly Finbharr and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie. Also present was Marguerite Reed/ HE Melisende, event steward for Valor, Jason Drago/ Ld. William Douglas, Archer Marshal and Mary White/ Ly Alyx.


A balance of $9,980.70 had been reported at the Officers’ meeting. Budgeted expenditures from the general fund were covered. A request from the Archer Marshal to obtain 20 new hay bales for $80 was accepted and the cash advance made out. The need to increase the number of walkie-talkies was discussed. Cost was researched. The advantage of using rechargeable batteries was also discussed. It was approved to budget $240 to obtain 4 more walkie-talkies and rechargeable batteries for all units. A cash advance was done to make the purchase. The check for the monthly printing bill of $39.73 was cut.

The event funds budgeted for the tavern were requested. The cash advance was done for the individual who would be delivering the check to the feast-o-crat for the tavern. A Ren Festival event bid has been accepted. No budget was presented at this time. No other expenditures or budgets were presented for consideration.

It was requested that the Archer Marshal research the cost of poles, netting and black block for the archery activities. It was noted that two poles were already damaged but the system was still useable. However with the loss of another pole and it would not be.


There being no other business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day committee recording secretary.


Minutes for 7/20/11 meeting

The special financial committee meeting was held July 20, 211 at the Alford Branch Library 3447 S. Meridian, Wichita Ks. Committee members present were Debbie Taylor/ HE Brialen, Jeremy Bullins/ HE Donald, Lynn Alhgrenn/ HE Zoë, Evan White/ Ld Ebhan, Kelly Redmond/Ly Finbharr and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie. Also present was Marguerite Reed/ HE Melisende, event steward for Valor.


Approval was requested for Valor medallion materials at a cost of $8.00. This had not been in the original event budget and only brought to the event steward’s attention. It was approved.

The Exchequer requested approval to reimburse Deb Taylor/ HE Brialen for the equestrian insurance payment that she made in order to meet that item’s deadline. He noted there was approval from the regional/Kingdom Exchequer, Margaret Tank/ HE Branwen to handle it in this manner. In June policy regarding this was changed making all such payments as directly through the local account or by cash advance with the appropriate paperwork. This expenditure was actually transacted prior to that policy and will be grandfathered accordingly. The committee approved the expenditure.


There being no other business the special meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day committee recording secretary.


Minutes for 7/6/11 meeting

The financial committee meeting was held July 6, 2011 at Martinson Avenue Christian Church after the regularly scheduled Officers’ meeting. Committee members present were Debbie Taylor/ HE Brialen, Jeremy Bullins/ HE Donald, Lynn Alhgrenn/ HE Zoë, Evan White/ Ld Ebhan and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie. One other member was present.


The receipts were received for the Champions’event July 2, 2011. The cash advance paperwork was finalized and closed. A recommendation to use the left over food for a cookout during a fighter practice in August is being considered. There was a discussion on the cost effectiveness of Kingdom sending a Vatavia a donation received at Gulf Wars for the group. It would actually cost the Kingdom more in paperwork, check and mailing than the amount of the donation. It was recommended and approved to donate this money back to Calontir.

Money was received for a name and device proposal. A check for the appropriate funds was made to send to the Saker Herald with the paperwork.

The bank signature card needs to be finished and turned in.


There being no other business the meeting adjourned.

Mary J. Day committee recording secretary


Minutes for 6/1/11 meeting

The financial committee meeting was held on June 1, 2011 at Martinson avenue Christian Church concurrent with the Officers’ meeting for the month. Committee members present were Debbie Taylor/ HE Brialen, Jeremy Bullins/ HE Donald, Lynn Alhgrenn/ HE Zoë, Evan White/ Ld Ebhan and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie. Thirteen others were present in attendance at the Officers’ meeting. Three left during part of the finance/ Officers’ meeting


Checks were done for budgeted expenditures for the CS Graphics printing bill and the cash advance for the quarterly barbecue to be held as part of the Champions’ event July 2nd. Other expenditures for the Renaissance Festival expenses for which receipts have been received were pended until the recipients of those payments were present to receive the payment.

A cash advance for the procurement of ingredients and needed materials for Operation Lilies Beans was offered and declined. There was a brief discussion on approving the cash advance for the barbecue. It was pointed out that it was approved by the budget; and, the decision to have it part of the Champions’ event was discussed and approved last month during the Officers’ meeting.


The meeting concluded.

Mary J. Day committee recording secretary


Minutes for 5/11/11 meeting

A special financial committee meeting was held at Martinson Avenue Christian Church, May 11, 2011. Committee members present were Jeremy Bullins/ HE Donald, Lynn Alhgrenn/ HE Zoë, Evan White/ Ld Ebhan and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie. Debbie Taylor/ HE Brialen was present by phone using conference setting.


The meeting was called to discuss information received May 7th regarding each Barony contributing a side dish of 400 servings for the Lilies XXV year celebration Reunion Picnic Saturday June 19th. There will be a fund raiser/ donations collected and divided equally among the Baronies to help defray the cost. Vatavia requested and received beans as the assigned side dish. The Committee approved a food budget maximum of $160.00 for this side dish.


The meeting adjourned


Minutes for 5/4/11 meeting

The financial committee meeting was held at Martinson Avenue Christian Church, May 4, 2011 after the monthly Officers’ meeting. Committee members present were Debbie Taylor/ HE Brialen, Jeremy Bullins/ HE Donald, Lynn Alhgrenn/ HE Zoë, Evan White/ Ld Ebhan and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie. One other member was present.


The bank signature card had been received and signatures obtained from those members present. Those committee members not present will be contacted and times arranged to get their signatures.

It was discussed and approved to increase the Coronation tithe by $50 to a total of $200 based on the success of the fund raising at the Renaissance Festival in April. This tithe will be delivered at St. George and the Dragon after the required tracking paperwork is filled out.

The coming weekend, May 7th-8th , it will be clarified if the Kingdom Baronies are responsible for assisting in providing food for the Lilies XXV year celebration picnic June 18th.


There being no other business the meeting adjourned.


Minutes for 4/6/11 meeting

The financial committee met April 6, 2011 at Martinson Avenue Christian Church, after the regular monthly Officers’ meeting. Five members of the committee were present: Debbie Taylor/ HE Brialen, Jeremy Bullins/ HE Donald, Lynn Alhgrenn/ HE Zoë, Evan White/ Ld Ebhan and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie. Two other members were in attendance.


Checks were done for budgeted expenses: the quarterly barbecue, Valor site deposit, non-member surcharge from Coronation, and the CS Graphics bill for two months in the amount of $77.56. It was discussed and decided to hold the tithe check for Coronation until after the Renaissance fair.

It was discussed that a new signature card will need to be done to reflect the change in leadership. The card is pre-typed by the bank. Jeremy Bullins, HE Donald, will be added. It was asked if any names were to be removed. No decision was stated. Members will have to meet at the bank to provide information. With the work obligations of the Treasurer/Exchequer this will need to be done after tax season ends.


There being no other business the meeting closed.


Minutes for 2/22/11 meeting

The financial committee meeting was held February 22, 2011 at 7pm at Pray Woodman Elementary, 11111 W. 49th Street, Maize Kansas. Five committee members attended: Debbie Taylor/ HE Brialen, Alan Horn/ HE Wulfric, Marguerite Reed/ HE Melisende, Evan White/ Ld Ebhan, and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie. One other member was in attendance.


The proposed and revised financial policy for the Barony of Vatavia was presented. As discussed previously Vatavian policy will be subject to modern banking laws and regulations and SCA and Calontir financial policies. There will be five voting members: Baronage, Seneschal, Exchequer, Property Master and committee secretary. Regular quarterly meetings will be held. Reimbursement for both pre-approved expenses and other expenses must go through the Exchequer and committee. Receipts must be provided. The final financial policy will be presented at the next finance meeting for approval after a minor typo and the updated revision date are done.

The proposed budget for 2011 was presented. Individual printouts on projected expenses and income were distributed. Graph analysis of each were included plus a separate breakdown on event food expenditures. The proposed budget is based on the final figures from the 2010 Domesday report. Expenses were individually covered and discussed. Projected income was also covered. The amended and corrected final proposed budget will be presented at the next financial meeting for approval.

A recommended fiscal goal is to have 1 ½ times a group’s annual expenses in funds. There was a discussion on possible cost cutting measures and on possible fund raising opportunities and projects to begin working towards this goal.

A tentative location and date for the next financial meeting was decided on. Confirmation will be given on the location next week.


The meeting ended.


The following week the financial committee met briefly March 2, 2011 after the Officers’ meeting at MACC. The five committee members from last week and six other members were in attendance. It was moved by Ebhan and seconded by Wulfric to accept the proposed budget for 2011 as presented. The motion cared. It was moved by Wulfric and seconded by Ebhan to accept the financial policy as presented. The motion carried. The financial policy and proposed budget were passed. The policy was signed by those committee members in attendance.

A request was presented to do some research on the pricing of calculators with tape printing capabilities. This would be for the use of the troll staff at events. It may also be possible to find a machine that is programmable. The results will be presented next month.


The meeting ended

Mary J. Day committee recording secretary


Minutes for 9/12/10 meeting

The financial committee meeting was held September 12, 2010 at 7109 E. Bayley, Wichita, Kansas. Six committee members attended: Debbie Taylor/ HE Brialen, Alan Horn/ HE Wulfric, Marguerite Reed/ HE Melisende, Evan White/ Ld Ebhan, Kelly Redmond/ Finbharr and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie. Five other members were in attendance.


The number of voting members on the committee was again discussed. The current number of five will be maintained. It was noted that policy will be reviewed annually. Changes can be made at that time.

Past expenditures were covered. The CCS Graphics bill of $565.30 was approved September 1st. Two expenditures made on site at Valor were reported. These were for additional food for the tavern and for four working walkie-talkies.

Purchase of two more walkie-talkies before the Fall Renaissance Festival was approved. Hay bales are needed for the archery site and to also be used at the Festival. This was approved. It was requested that cost estimates be obtained for two lockable cash boxes with four separate bill compartments. The possibility of reducing the number of Dragonflyres published per month was discussed. The cost break down will be checked to determine the most economical number that will meet the group’s needs.

The Valor financial report was presented. It was noted that by financial policy definition that a tavern is not considered an event expense but a fund raiser. The tavern made a profit of $892.21. After expenses and the non-member surcharge, the event profit was $1255.18. The definition of what constitutes a family for the family cap fee is unclear. Other events will be checked to see how the family cap is handled elsewhere in the region/ Kingdom. Pricing for other events in general will also be checked.

It was recommended to have a presentation to the committee and any other interested individuals on budgeting and menu planning for feasts and taverns. Scheduling this will be arranged. It was also noted that new bills in the seed money caused some entertainment when they stuck together. Several remedies were suggested.


The meeting ended.

Mary J. Day – recording committee secretary


Minutes for 8/9/10 meeting

The financial committee meeting met on August 9, 2010 at 7:00 pm at 400 W. Hollywood, Wichita. Five committee members attended: Debbie Taylor/ HE Brialen, Alan Horn/ HE Wulfric, Marguerite Reed/ HE Melisende, Evan White/ Ld Ebhan, and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie. Three other members were in attendance.


One Barony sent the requested baronial financial policy to be use a guide for the establishment of a Vatavian financial policy. The sample policy was read and a Vatavian version based on that was presented. Some changes were recommended. There was a discussion regarding the number of voting members on the committee. Currently the committee has five voting members (including the baronage as a single vote); but, other groups only have three voting members. Discussion was tabled to allow additional research into the pro’s and cons of each arrangement to be completed. Expenditures of greater than $75 are required to have prior approval. Meetings will be held immediately following the monthly Officers’ meeting. There was a discussion on a proposed method of handling and managing funds at the upcoming Renaissance Festival. Some non-financial issues of the Festival were discussed in association with actual budgeting needs.

A budget for the remainder of this year is being done. The budget for the upcoming Renaissance Festival is still being determined. There are questions that must be answered regarding specific activities before that can be finalized. The 2011 budget planning has already begun. Details on the budget for Coronation, March 26, 2011, will be presented after Valor. Advertising, brochures, and Barony property replacement and repair needs will be considered in the next year’s budget.

Expenditures were approved for hair braiding at the Renaissance Festival, $100; rods for the Roll of Arms, $10; materials and printing for the book fair, $10; and an annual budget of $550 for quarterly barbecues which includes the Yule gathering. Equipment and printing needs were discussed. Estimated printing costs were requested for more of the brochures. The equipment proposal presented was for acquiring a music/PA system. More research was requested to be done to determine if such an expense will be beneficial and meet the group’s needs.

The financial report on the Champions’ event was given. It was budgeted at $350. A total of $182.45 was spent on that event. The report to Kingdom is awaiting clarification on a procedural question before being sent. So far expenditures for Valor total $909. So far the two largest expenditures for Valor have been the site deposit of $450 and food stuffs for pre-cook for tavern at $369.


The meeting ended.

Mary J. Day- recording committee secretary


Minutes for 7/28/10 meeting

The financial committee meeting met held on July 28, 2010 at 6:30pm at 400 W. Hollywood, Wichita. Six committee members attended: Debbie Taylor/ HE Brialen, Alan Horn/ HE Wulfric, Marguerite Reed/ HE Melisende, May Byer/ Ly Zabel, Evan White/ Ld Ebhan, and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie. Three other members were in attendance.


Examples of other baronial financial policies have been requested to use as guides for the establishment of a Vatavian financial policy. The voting members of the committee were clarified: Baronage, Seneschal, Exchequer, Property Master, and Secretary. Other members are encouraged to attend. An event’s troll deputy is a deputy position of the Exchequer’s office. A local troll coordinator was created to establish local Baronial procedures and teach gate personnel those procedures. Classes on new troll event registration paperwork and policies have been scheduled for July and august.

An annual budget is still being formulated. All officers and Champions will be requested to present an office budget request and any wish lists for consideration. Monthly committee meetings will be held to approve expenditures until an approved budget is in place. The next scheduled meeting will be August 9, 2010.

The Valor budget of $3380 was approved. Expenditures were approved for Champions’ this coming weekend- $85; troll printing, $30, and special supplies, $80 plus tax; and a donation of $250 to Martinson Avenue Christian Church. The Caltrop registration “budget” was presented. This budget item is entirely funded by the submission fees from the clients.

A bid for Vatavia to host Coronation had been previously approved and sent to Kingdom. There has been no decision announced by Kingdom of the selection of s bid. The possibility of doing a bid for War Maneuvers in 2012 was brought up for consideration.


The meeting ended.

Mary J. Day- recording committee secretary


Minutes for 3/8/10 meeting

The financial committee meeting met held March 8, 2010 at 7pm at Toc’s Coffeehouse, 1519 S. George Washington Blvd, Wichita. Six committee members attended: Debbie Taylor/ HE Brialen, Alan Horn/ HE Wulfric, Marguerite Reed/ HE Melisende, Faye-Marie Mills/ Ly Catlin, Evan White/ Ld Ebhan, and Mary J. Day/ HE Marie. Four other members were in attendance.


A preliminary report was given on the local audit conducted March 6, 2010. The official written report will be received from regional. The change in the local Treasurer’s office will require updating the bank signature card. Terry McKellop and David Moreno will be dropped. The remaining signatories will remain unchanged: Debbie Taylor, Marguerite Reed, Faye-Marie Mills, Mary J. Day and Deb Kuehne, Regional Treasurer.

Changes will be implemented in local policy to reflect practices addressed in the audit. Classes on event registration paperwork will be done to insure accurate processing and to have correct information for event reporting. Any local Treasurer responsible for organizing an event will temporarily step down for the period of the event.

A balance of $8086.70 was reported. The tentative report for the March 6, 2010 event was presented. Obtaining a new tent will be postponed. Work on the local financial policy will continue. Upcoming events and fund raising was discussed.


The meeting ended.

Mary J. Day- recording committee secretary


Minutes for 10/28/09 meeting

The October 28, 2009 meeting of the finance committee met at Martinson Avenue Christian Church. Seven committee members attended: HE Brialen, HE Maeve, HE Melisende, HE Wulfric, Ly. Catlin, Ld. Ebhan, and HE Marie. Five members, deputies and populace members were also in attendance.


The meeting was started by the Exchequer Maeve who went over the Kingdom Exchequer’s response to the draft of the Vatavian financial policy which had been sent to her office. Certain changes, additions, and/or wordings were suggested by the Kingdom Exchequer. The recommendations were considered and discussed. Changes made by the committee will be incorporated in the next draft. This will include policy re-wording on arbitration, reimbursement, meetings, budgetary responsibilities. site fees, committee membership and non-compliance policy.

It is proposed to have the final finished policy by December for approval by Kingdom. The final policy will be published and provided to the populace at that time. Also the populace representative will be established at that time. The representative will be selected from nominations made by the members of the populace. This member must be a paid Society member.

Kingdom recommended monthly financial committee meetings. It was proposed that the meeting be incorporated into the monthly officers’ meeting. Other meetings as needed to work budget, approve major expenditures, consider event finances will be scheduled and announced.


The meeting adjourned.

Minutes for 7/29/09 meeting

The July 2009 meeting of the finance committee met July 29th at Martinson Avenue Christian Church. Seven committee members attended with another three members of the populace or deputy officers in attendance.


The meeting was started by the Exchequer. The first draft of the financial policy was covered item by item. Each item was discussed and those changes, deletions and additions made for each as recommended by the committee. Approved items covered composition, tenure and voting procedures for the committee; meeting and reporting schedules; budgeting and budget authority; reimbursement policies; emergency financial procedures; and publication of reports and minutes. Items tabled were emergency meeting procedures; policy for waiving of site fee payment; protocol for handling different instances of non-compliance with policy from lost receipts to deliberate disregard for financial practices and legal procedure. It is planned at this time to have the financial policy in place by the next quarter.

It was recommended and approved to place a stop payment of $40 (forty dollars), $20 (twenty dollars) each, on two lost checks totaling $225 (two hundred twenty-five dollars). It was recommended to NOT stop payment on another lost check, for $20 (twenty dollars), as it would not be cost effective. The legality of alternative payment methods was discussed. Certain options are not permitted for non-profit organizations.

Current receipt printing techniques are not all as durable or stable over time. Other archival possibilities were suggested and will be researched and considered.

The next meeting will be held after the Valor Tournament is over.


The meeting adjourned.


This page validates as XHTML 1.0 Transitional!   This page has valid CSS!